Redmine is a web-based/open source tool for software project management and bug tracking. Since Redmine is a web-based tool, it is effective in scenes where a large number of people share topics as a list or make various discussions on one topic represented by one ticket through the network. On the other hand, Enterprise Architect is effective in showing a base or results of discussions in structured images. EA Connector for Redmine enables us to make the best use of the characteristics of both tools by connecting Redmine tickets to Enterprise Architect elements and converting their attributes bidirectionally. The following Information Utilization can be expected:
- Use information of Redmine tickets in Enterprise Architect
- Export Enterprise Architect elements to Redmine tickets for discussions and information sharing
Here are some concrete examples where EA Connector for Redmine can be effective:
- Discuss Enterprise Architect elements in Redmine
- Transfer information of development items created in Enterprise Architect (ticket driven development)
- Use Redmine tickets gathered from a wide range for system designs with Enterprise Architect
- Show relationships (RedmineLinks) between Redmine tickets with Enterprise Architect diagrams..
With EA Connector for Redmine, information in both Enterprise Architect and Redmine can be easily converted to one another.
Summary of EA Connector for Redmine
EA Connector for Redmine is an add-in tool to connect elements in UML Modeling Tool Enterprise Architect with Redmine tickets and convert their attributes bidirectionally. Enterprise Architect elements include Requirements, Changes, Use Cases, Test items, Issues, Features, Tasks, Tests, and Defects.
EA Connector for Redmine is an add-in for Enterprise Architect.
Function Summary of EA Connector for Redmine
EA Connector for Redmine has the following functions:
- Export elements created in Enterprise Architect to Redmine tickets
- Import Redmine tickets to Enterprise Architect elements
- Convert attributes of Enterprise Architect elements to attributes of the Redmine tickets
- Convert attributes of Redmine Tickets to attributes of the Enterprise Architect elements
- Convert links to parent tickets in Redmine, into the parent-child relationships, when importing Redmine tickets to Enterprise Architect elements or converting attributes of Redmine tickets to those of the Enterprise Architect elements
- Convert links to related tickets in Redmine, into the relationships, when importing Redmine tickets to Enterprise Architect elements or converting attributes of Redmine tickets to those of the Enterprise Architect elements
- Customizable Attribute Mapping
- About Attribute Mapping see Attribute Mapping.